Many of you may have seen the recent horrific accident on South Australia Police's Facebook page, involving a 4WD towing a caravan.
While we don’t know all the details, thankfully we do understand that there were no fatalities.
One towing accident is one too many. Images and stories such as these are a reminder about the need to be careful and drive to the conditions.
If you are new or nervous about towing or would simply like to refresh your knowledge the CCIASA can help in a variety of ways.
- We regularly hold towing seminars at our annual Show held in February. We announce show dates on our Facebook page.
- All the State Associations individually financially contribute to the National Towing Guide. A printed guide which is currently being updated and should be out in CCIASA Member businesses in around 6 weeks. You can also view the digital version at www.caravantowingguide.com.au
- There is a towing feature in the Let’s Go Caravan and Camping Almanac, again available free from CCIASA Member businesses.
- The CCIASA has members that specialize in towing training. Call our office for a list of providers and contact details.
- We also have several members that specialise in towbars and towing accessories. These are the experts and are more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. Call our office if you would like to know the contact details of your closest specialist.
- www.caravanandcampingsa.com.au has many articles about towing.
Tow safely, have patience whilst driving and enjoy the journey.